Tuesday

What Are You In Here For?

Every so often, I have to remind myself that true communication takes more than a notion.  While focused listening is a crucial skill, for the next few days, we'll be sharing funny anecdotes, life experiences and even a joke or two that hi-light HOW the art of listening allows us to find joy and laughter in each day.....if only we would take the time to do it.  For right now, let's listen in on two little boys and their answers to the question of the day:  "What are you in here for?" ...................

Two little boys are in a hospital, lying on stretchers next to each other outside the operating room---the first surgeries of the day. 

The 8-year old leans over and asks, "What are you in here for?" 

The 7-year old says, "I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous." 

The 8 year old boy says, "You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four. They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and Ice Cream. It's a breeze." 

The 7 year old boy then asks, "What are you here for?" 

And Mr. Tough-Guy-8 year old says, "A circumcision." 

 "Whoa!" the 7 year old replies: "Good luck buddy.   I had that done when I was born. Couldn't walk for a year."


 Repost This Welcome to the Life and Business Journal. Check out our Recommended Tools section on the right side of this site. Feel free to comment on any articles and follow me on LinkedIn, Twitter and Technorati. Join our Community and share your links and ideas. In spite of all the hype, there's no such thing as an "overnight success" in any business. Our articles are designed to show the possibilities of enjoying life as you build a better business. The original post is on The LB Journal © copyright, 2012. Share it freely, but you must link back to this source. Regards, Dolle

No comments: